This page describes the policy related to privacy and cookies for this website, dementiacarenotes.in.
- The only data we gather is related to the way you use the site. We keep personal data collection to a minimum and only collect data to make user experience better. Wherever feasible, this data is anonymized.
- Dementia Care Notes does not do any profiling for any targeted advertisements. No data is shared with any third party for advertising. No visitor data is used for any commercial purpose.
- The site has some embedded content (like videos) where third party entities may create cookies and collect data like they would if you had visited those sites directly. Data may be gathered by these third parties when you are logged on to some social media account and do shares and likes on our site. We have no control on how these third party service providers may use the data or change their approach; you will have to see their privacy policies.
More details about privacy and cookies are shared below, along with ways you can opt out. (Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience). Note that some such opting out may restrict how you can use the site.
Data used for analyzing site performance (Analytics)
Google Analytics Opens in new window is used to understand how visitors use the site. Google analytics is an extremely common way of analyzing site visitor data to improve sites. Analytics can show what pages you view within this site, how you arrived at this site and some basic information about your computer. We use this data to see how to improve content and navigation on the site. Analytics data is NOT used for any individual behavior profiling or for any targeted advertising.
The IP data is anonymized for Google Analytics Opens in new window. Because of this anonymizing, we do not know who you are; just that somebody visited the site. Read the Google Analytics privacy pageOpens in new window.
Data related to comments that visitors may leave
If you have left comments in the past and these are still visible on the site, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Social media sharing and “likes” may also create cookies by the third party social media you are logged into. These third parties may use such data for their own targeting. You will need to check their privacy policies to see how they create, retain, and use data. If you are a user of these services, you have already consented to their privacy policies to continue to use the products. For example, persons with Google accounts (probably almost everyone) would have seen: Google Privacy & Terms Opens in new window. (This, incidentally, includes YouTube). Similar detailed material is available for Facebook and other such very commonly used services/ accounts.
Some additional cookies.
Site navigation and functionality is partly provided using the Jetpack plugin (owned by Automattic). Here are some cookies used for the features this site uses .(See documentation at https://jetpack.com/support/for-your-privacy-policy/ ) .
- Sharing button for Email (bottom of page): Jetpack uses the following information: sharing party’s name and email address, IP address and user agent (for spam checking), and email body/content. This content is checked for spam using Akismet (also owned by Automattic).
- Subscriptions: The comment form allows commentators to subscribe for updates to the comment page or to the blog. Data that may be used is: subscriber’s email address, ID of the post or comment, some basic server data including the HTTP request headers, IP address, URI. This server data is used only to monitor and to prevent abuse and spam. Functionality cookies are set for a duration of 347 days and only use the email id and name.
Some general resources
If you want to understand more about cookies and how you can use browser features to prevent storing cookies, or how you can delete existing cookies, see sites like aboutcookies.org or aboutcookies.org.uk. You can also see the browser settings/ options to see what is available. Deleting cookies is quite easy.