- From ARDSI Hyderabad-Deccan Chapter: downloadable Telugu booklets, helpline, and support
- From Old age/ Mental Health Portals from India: short introductions for dementia/ Alzheimer’s Disease
- Videos in Telugu (Youtube)
Some sections of this page are still under construction.
Online dementia information in Telugu is available from Hyderabad Deccan chapter of ARDSI (Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders of India) Opens in new window, including:
- Help for caregivers (PDF file) Opens in new window.
- What is dementia (PDF file) Opens in new window.
- Information on dementia and dementia events (PDF file) Opens in new window.
The ARDSI Hyderabad Deccan Chapter also provides phone and in-person support and counselling in Telugu. They may also be having printed booklets on dementia/ care in Telugu—contact them to find out. Their contact information and some other details are provided at our page here: Resources for dementia care: Hyderabad
From Old age/ Mental Health Portals from India: short introductions for dementia/ Alzheimer’s Disease
Old Age Solutions, a portal with information and resources for the elderly (from the Govt. of India and AIIMS), has a Telugu version Opens in new window ; this includes a webpage on cognitive impairment and dementia: గుర్తుంచుకోవడంలో అశ్యకత మరియు చిత్తవైకల్యం Opens in new window. (May 2018 update: Their website is undergoing reorganization and the Indian language pages have not yet been included in the new site, so these links will not work. The correct links will be updated once their new site is fully operational.)
A video describing the general causes of dementia, treatable vs non-treatable dementia, what is AD, etc. by Dr Suresh Reddy (Neurologist at Global Hospital, Hyderabad) is available here: Dementia Causes, Symptoms, Treatment Opens in new window.
(This section is under construction)
Page/ post last updated on: May 10, 2018