- Videos in Punjabi(Youtube) 
- From other Alzheimer’s Associations worldwide : short introductions for dementia/ Alzheimer’s Disease
Some sections of this page are still under construction.
Some dementia organizations in the UK have created videos dubbed in various Indian languages to help their South Asian resident understand dementia and its symptoms. These are basic, useful videos. However, the services and support they mention refer to the UK—for India, you will need to locate suitable resources here.
- (From Alzheimer’s Society, UK): A small 3.5 minute introduction on dementia and its symptoms: Punjabi – Introduction to dementia from Atiq Hassan, Dementia Adviser. View it here Opens in new window .
- (From Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust , UK) “Living Well with Dementia – Punjabi version” is a longer video of 33:05 minutes with the voices dubbed in Punjabi (subtitles are English). It describes dementia and its symptoms and its impact on families and how to cope. Includes personal stories. View: Living Well with Dementia – Punjabi version Opens in new window .
- (From Alzheimer’s Society, UK): “A Dementia Guide” is a dubbed and subtitled long video intended for persons recently diagnosed with dementia and in relatively early stages of dementia. It helps them understand the diagnosis and plan for their future. It includes information on support, resources and services available in the UK. Has several personal stories. Some information may be useful for family caregivers living in India. View: Punjabi version of A Dementia Guide Opens in new window .
- (From Alzheimer’s Society, UK): Two personal story videos, dubbed in Punjabi, each around 3.5 to 4 minutes long: Punjabi- Prabhakant and Kanta Patel – dementia Opens in new window  and Punjabi- Stan and Denise Lintern – dementia Opens in new window .
Or view them as a playlist below:
(This section is under construction)
[Back to top] 
From other Alzheimer’s Associations worldwide: short introductions for dementia/ Alzheimer’s Disease
Some other countries that have Punjabi-speaking residents have also published dementia/ Alzheimer’s and care information in Punjabi to help the residents understand about dementia and care, and so that these residents know about the resources/ services these countries have to help families coping with dementia (Note that the resource information in these booklets is specific to the country that published the booklet).
- Booklet on dementia from Alzheimer’s Society (UK) (PDF file) Opens in new window .
- Dementia Guide (Punjabi) from Alzheimer’s Society (UK) (PDF file) Opens in new window .
- Punjabi information booklet from Scotland: Dementia booklet in Punjabi (PDF file) Opens in new window .
[Back to top] 
Page/ post last updated on: September 1, 2018