This page contains information specific for dementia care in Pune, for the convenience of caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. [read disclaimer.]
- Facilities for persons with Alzheimer’s/ other dementias.
- Dementia-related material in various Indian languages (including Marathi).
- General tips for locating relevant resources in a city.
While this page includes several possible dementia care resources and some contact information on these, please note that:
1) You will need to evaluate them for suitability and reliability.
2) Entities keep changing their activities, so please contact them for updated information.
3) The websites and social media profiles of the entities may not have updated contact information. If the information does not work, look for a social media platform they posted recently on and post your query there.
4) Many organizations do not respond promptly to emails or queries on social media accounts. If so, call their phone numbers or try WhatsApp. Many organizations now use mobile numbers for their main contact even if their sites/ social media profiles show landlines.
5) Different web sources may have different data for the same entity, and you may need to search to find out what is correct now.
- Pune Police Senior Citizens Helpline: 1098 and 100.
- National Helpline for Senior Citizens: Toll-free helpline number 14567 Project of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the National Institute of Social Defence.
- Helpage helpline: All-India toll-free number: 1800 180 1253 .Contact them for help and also to reach any local numbers.
- Tele counselling helpline for mental health, Tele-MANAS: Toll-free, 24/7 helpline number 14416 or 1-800-91-4416, also usable for dementia, by the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, available in many languages.
- Dementia India Alliance’s National Dementia Support Line at 8585 990 990, 8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Saturday.
- A national helpline for palliative care is available from Pallium India at 91 964 588 4889 / +91 860 688 4889.
- Helplines for depression/ emotional support can be seen at this link.
- Dignity helpline: Senior citizen helpline at 1800 267 8780 run by Dignity Foundation, working days, working hours only.
Jagruti Dementia Care is a care home that provides services for persons with dementia who need medical attention–these include rehabilitation, medical care, respite, and hospice/ end-of-life care. Emergency services are also available. Read more about this here Opens in new window. Please contact them for details and protocols.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Jagruti Dementia Care
Jagruti Dementia Care Centre, Zhagade Wasti, Near Loni Toll Naka,Near Kudale Maruti Showroom,Manjari Farm, Pune-Solapur Road, Hadapsar, Pune-412 307. Phone: +91 98222 07761, Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: jagrutirehab.org Opens in new window.
Dementia support services at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, and the Alzheimer’s Support Group, Pune.
Various dementia diagnosis and support initiatives are available at the hospital. For days and timings, contact:
Memory Clinic, Neurology Department, Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital and Research Center, Erandvane, Pune 411004 , Memory clinic contact: 20 4915 3234 / 3227. Hospital Phone: +91 20 4015 1000 / 49153000, (site page here [newindow])
Also, Alzheimer’s Support Group, an informal body supported by professionals and volunteers, works in tandem with the Memory Clinic to provide integrated support to persons with dementia and their family members. It provides guidance and counselling, memory improvement and memory exercise programs, and caregiver support group meetings, including a Whatsapp group. Home visits by a social worker may be possible. For the current status and details, contact Ms. Mangala Joglekar at +91 90110 39345, email: email@example.com. The Facebook page is at this link Opens in new window and site at alzsupportpune.org Opens in new window. Both include Marathi content.
One very valuable resource listing for caregivers is at this link Opens in new window.
Chaitanya Mental Health Care Centre works in the area of mental health and rehabilitation and offers a range of services for various conditions, including dementia. They have multiple centers for dementia care, including residential care, as per their page here Opens in new window.
Website: chaitanyarehab.com Opens in new window, Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Contact : 98234 35045.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Poona Hospital and Research Centre was earlier running a memory clinic. While it is unclear whether the memory clinic is still functioning, please contact them to find out about their available dementia services. Check their sychiatry department and neurology department. Includes a stroke unit.
Neurology Department, Poona Hospital and Research Centre, Survey No 27, Sadashiv Peth, Near Alka Cinema, Pune – 411030 , Tel No: (020) 6609 6000 , Website: www.poonahospital.org/ Opens in new window Email:phrcjr@admin.
Monet House, Epoch Elder Care: This is a very small-capacity, premium-priced assisted living facility in Kharadi, Pune that provides holistic, person-centered care aimed at improving quality of life and accepts persons with dementia.
Contact them to know more, schedule a viewing, and to evaluate for suitability and reliability, etc. Some project details at their site Opens in new window.
They may also have some dementia day care facility at this centre, please contact them to check availability.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Assisted Living from Epoch Elder Care, Flat No. 501 & 502, EON Waterfront, Building C, Kharadi, Pune, Maharashtra.
Contact: Email: email@example.com , Site: www.epocheldercare.com/ Opens in new window Phone: +91 79961 82777.
Tapas Elder Care : Their care home accepts persons with dementia for short and long term stay. They provide person-centric care, have activities regularly, and have the support and advice of experts and doctors. Contact them to know more, and to evaluate for suitability and reliability, etc. May have day care.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Tapas Elder Care has multiple residential care facilities, and these include some designed specifically for persons with dementia. Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: + 91-881-889-6041, Website: tapaseldercare.com Opens in new window. Facebook page here Opens in new window.
MadhurBhav : This is a relatively old entity in elder care, and also offers residential care dementia. Contact them to know more. View videos on their YouTube channel here Opens in new window.
24 x 7 Care Home.
MadhurBhav (AJ Foundation), Visit their website Opens in new window. Contact: +91 88055 01600, +91 99210 59898 , 085520 13333. Email: email@example.com. Facebook presence is at www.facebook.com/MadhurBhav/ Opens in new window.
Aaji Care Geriatric Care Centre : In June 2022, Aaji Care, which already has a presence in Mumbai, opened an assisted living facility Aaji Care Geriatric Care Centre. Contact them to know more about this and any other services they have in Pune.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Aaji Care Geriatric Care Centre.
Dhir Mansion, 209/11, Road No. 6, Palacimo Estate, Opp. Vascon Park, Kalyani Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411 006.
Visit their website Opens in new window. Contact: +91 99200 18184, Whatsapp: +91 7506 734116, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dignity Foundation – Dementia Day Care Centre.
Dignity Foundation has a day care centre in Pune. Please contact them for current status and more details.
Contact: Dignity Foundation– Dementia Day Care Center, 78/4, Savio Villa, near Jambhulkar Chowk, Divya Nagar, Wanowrie, Pune, Maharashtra 411 040, Phone : +91 91520 17120, Email: : email@example.com.
Dignity Foundation’s website page listing their day cares is here Opens in new window.
Additional Listings: Other possible resources for dementia information/ diagnosis/ care.
Some of the organizations listed may be providing 24 x 7 Care Home and/ or Day Care.
Echoing Healthy Ageing: This Mumbai based organization provides some services and online support for Pune. Contact them to check current offerings: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Ph:+91 98678 32665, +91 9158656665, +91 9167 61 3665 Facebook page Opens in new window, website: echoinghealthyageing.com Opens in new window and page describing services here Opens in new window.
Rainbow Day Care has a day care for elders that accepts persons with dementia. Check their Facebook page Opens in new window for current status and activity Contact 093733 14849 Email: email@example.com.
Sanctus Health Care : This works in preventive and rehabilitative healthcare. They may be offering some services relevant for families coping with dementia. Please contact them for current offerings. Phone: +91 83800 87027, +91 83800 87093, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: Sanctus Health CareOpens in new window.
Other names mentioned: Ananddham (Jyestha Nagrik Virangula Kendra) was mentioned by some caregivers for day care.
Additional Listings: Organizations providing services to support home care.
One resource listing for caregivers, which includes nursing bureaus, is available at this link Opens in new window.
HealthSpring(Mumbai-based, may also be available in Pune) provides various health packages for health care, including support at home for emergency responses (please reconfirm), for multiple cities in Maharashtra. Contact : +91-+91 86528 86529 (Mumbai). Website’s Pune page: healthspring.in Opens in new window, Facebook page Opens in new window.
Mayacare:NGO, for free assistance to senior citizens – aides, assistance for chores, shopping, digital work, other transactions and work, etc. operational for many years now. Contact 1800 572 1343, Whatsapp +91-95525 10400, +91-95525 10411,+91 96235 71845, +91 77450 53535, Email: email@example.com, Site: mayacare.org Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window. This is a multi-city service provider, and also listed here: Multi-city service providers for senior care and dementia.
Some multi-city organizations may offer support in your city/ locality for home health support, support, rehab and recovery for various health challenges, medical equipment at home, etc. As the services and cities handled by such providers keep changing frequently, these are listed on a separate page, and include Apollo Homecare, Care24, Eldercare, FamPhy, Healthcare atHOME (HCAH), India Home Health Care (IHHC), Lifecircle Senior Care, Mayacare, Nightingales Home Health Care, and Portea. Some offer services in only metros and selected state capitals and nearby areas, but others like Apollo, HCAH, Mayacare and Portea also work in some smaller cities. Please check our multi-city page here: Multi-city service providers for senior care and dementia.
Additional Listings: Important organizations working for seniors.
Prominent organizations working for seniors are (alphabetic order):
Dignity Foundation: This Mumbai-based organization works for senior citizens through initiatives in some large cities like Pune Contact the Pan India number 18002678780 or for Pune, : +91 91520 17120. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook page: www.facebook.com/DignityFoundation Opens in new window, Website : dignityfoundation.com Opens in new window.
Helpage helpline: This all-India organization with local branches supports senior citizens in multiple ways. They may also offer geriatric physiotherapy. Contact them at 1800 180 1253 (All-India tollfree number). Email: email@example.com Website: helpageindia.org Opens in new window.
Some dementia organizations and home healthcare service providers may be supporting palliative care. Some hospitals may also have a palliative care unit. More palliative resources in Maharashtra are listed by Pallium Opens in new window.You can also contact the Pallium Helpline at 91 964 588 4889 / +91 860 688 4889 for information and telephonic consultation.
As most palliative care is in the context cancer and HIV/ AIDS, please remain alert that the doctors advising you are familiar with applying palliative care for dementia.
Getting support using online/ all-India resources.
It is now possible to access help through several nationally available helplines; you can see senior citizen support, depression, dementia, and palliative care. Dementia support organizations and support groups may be able to help you even if they are not in your city. Even diagnosis and medical advice (non emergency) is available online, so it is possible to benefit from experts across the country, while sitting at home. See some general suggestions at this link.
The full list of dementia/ care resources in various Indian languages (currently Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu) is at Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Indian Languages.
Please contact the resources above for dementia/ care support. For resources in other Indian cities/ regions, or across India, check City-wise/ Region-wise resources and Resources across multiple Indian cities. Some tips for locating additional resources:
- Surf the Internet for local services using the name of the city and types of services. For example, look for home care, home health, old age homes, nursing agencies, etc.
- Ask the reception/ nurses at local hospitals. They often know about home health care agencies. The various dementia organizations and elder care organizations listed may also give names of more resources.
- To evaluate online data on a possible service provider, check how recent their events, pictures, social media posts are to understand whether the entity seems operational and reliable.
- For minor procedures, like IV, neighborhood path labs and small clinics may be able to send nurses home. They may even know doctors who make home visits.
- For diagnosis, look at reliable larger hospitals of the city. Check their neurology, psychiatry, and geriatrics departments or special clinics like memory clinics, geriatric clinics, or geriatric psychiatry clinics.
- Also, try using the state name, locality name, other names of your city or nearby cities.
- Of course, in all cases, you must satisfy yourself about the quality and reliability.
For information and suggestions for handling care situations, some useful links are: Quick access to a Caregiving Essential Toolkit and Using Trained Attendants for Dementia Home Care. Please note that Dementia Care Notes does NOT provide any services or any medical consultation.
Note: This page includes all the information available with us for this city/ region. Please note that the data is provided for information and convenience, and is not an endorsement for any person/ organization/ service/ resource. We make no claims that the contents of this page are either accurate or complete, or that the persons/ organizations listed are reliable or that they are suitable for you. No fitment for purpose is intended or implied.