This page contains information specific for dementia care in Pune, for the convenience of caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. [read disclaimer.]
- Facilities for persons with Alzheimer’s/ other dementias.
- Dementia-related material in various Indian languages (including Marathi).
- General tips for locating relevant resources in a city.
While this page includes several possible dementia care resources and some contact information on these, please note that:
1) You will need to evaluate them for suitability and reliability.
2) Entities keep changing their activities, so please contact them for updated information.
3) Though many entities have websites and social media profiles, they may not update them for changes in contact information. If the contact information does not work, try to locate which social media platform they posted recently on and post your query there.
4) Many organizations do not respond promptly to emails, or even queries on social media accounts. If you don’t get a response, call their phone numbers or try WhatsApp. Also, many organizations now use mobile numbers for their main contact even if their sites/ social media profiles show landlines.
5) Information on the web about the entity may be helpful, but different web sources will have different data for the same entity, and you will still need to find out what is correct now.
Facilities for persons with Alzheimer’s/ other dementias.
- Pune Police Senior Citizens Helpline: 1098 and 100.
- National Helpline for Senior Citizens: Toll-free helpline number 14567 Project of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the National Institute of Social Defence.
- Helpage helpline: All-India toll-free number: 1800 180 1253 .Contact them for help and also to reach any local numbers.
- Tele counselling helpline for mental health, Tele-MANAS: Toll-free, 24/7 helpline number 14416 or 1-800-91-4416, also usable for dementia, by the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, available in many languages.
- Dignity helpline: Senior citizen helpline at 1800 267 8780 run by Dignity Foundation, working days, working hours only.
Jagruti Dementia Care.
Jagruti Dementia Care is a care home that provides services for persons with dementia who need medical attention–these include rehabilitation, medical care, respite, and hospice/ end-of-life care. Emergency services are also available. Please contact them for details and protocols.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Jagruti Dementia Care
Jagruti Dementia Care Centre, Manjari Farm, Pune-Solapur Road, Hadapsar, Pune-412 307. Phone: +91 98222 07761, Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Website: jagrutirehab.org Opens in new window.
Dementia support services at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, and the Alzheimer’s Support Group, Pune.
Various dementia diagnosis and support initiatives are available at the hospital. For days and timings, contact:
Memory Clinic, Neurology Department, Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital and Research Center, Erandvane, Pune 411004 , Phone: (020) 4915 3234, 4915 3227 (site page here [newindow]).
Also, Alzheimer’s Support Group, an informal body supported by professionals and volunteers, works in tandem with the Memory Clinic to provide integrated support to persons with dementia and their family members. The Alzheimer’s Support Group Pune provides guidance and counselling, memory improvement and memory exercise programs, and caregiver support group meetings. Members are supported using a Whatsapp group. Home visits by a social worker may also be possible. For the current status and for details, contact Ms. Mangala Joglekar at +91 90110 39345, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Facebook presence, where information, resources, and events are shared is at this link Opens in new window or visit website alzsupportpune.org Opens in new window Both the Facebook link and the website include Marathi content. One very valuable resource listing for caregivers here is this link Opens in new window.
Chaitanya Mental Health Care Centre (and ARDSI Pune Chapter).
Chaitanya Mental Health Care Centre works in the area of mental health and rehabilitation and offers a range of services for various conditions, including dementia. They have multiple centers for dementia care, including residential care, as per their page here Opens in new window.
Website: chaitanyarehab.com, Emails: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Contact : 98234 35045.
24 x 7 Care Home.
See more details for the centres at their pages for Katraj Opens in new window, Khadi Machine, Kondhwa Opens in new window, and Warje Opens in new window.
Roney George, the contact person for Chaitanya, is also the contact for the ARDSI Pune Chapter ,Ph 98234 35045, Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poona Hospital and Research Centre was earlier running a memory clinic. While it is unclear whether the memory clinic is still functioning, please contact them to find out about their available dementia services.
Neurology Department, Poona Hospital and Research Centre, Survey No 27, Sadashiv Peth, Near Alka Cinema, Pune – 411030 , Tel No: (020) 6609 6000 , Website: www.poonahospital.org/ Opens in new window Email:phrcjr@admin.
Assisted Living from Epoch Elder Care.
Monet House, Epoch Elder Care: This is a very small-capacity, premium-priced assisted living facility in Kharadi, Pune that provides holistic, person-centered care aimed at improving quality of life and accepts persons with dementia. The admission process facilitates the decision making process and familiarises the elderly with Epoch homes, with steps from counselling to viewing the home and finalising transition and paperwork, for both local and outstation cases.
Contact them to know more, schedule a viewing, and to evaluate for suitability and reliability, etc. Some project details at their site Opens in new window.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Assisted Living from Epoch Elder Care, Flat No. 501 & 502, EON Waterfront, Building C, Kharadi, Pune, Maharashtra.
Contact: Email: email@example.com , Site: www.epocheldercare.com/ Opens in new window Phone: +91 93114 13673.
Tapas Elder Care.
Tapas Elder Care : They have a 24×7 care home that accepts persons with dementia for short and long term stay. They provide person-centric care, have activities regularly, and have the support and advice of experts and doctors. Contact them to know more, and to evaluate for suitability and reliability, etc. May have day care.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Tapas Elder Care has multiple residential care facilities, and these include some that are designed specifically for persons with dementia. Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Phone: + 91-881-889-6041, +91-902-292-2563, +91-766-610-5687, Website: tapaseldercare.com Opens in new window. Facebook page here Opens in new window.
MadhurBhav : This is a relatively old entity in elder care, and also offers residential care dementia. Contact them to know more. View videos on their YouTube channel here Opens in new window.
24 x 7 Care Home.
MadhurBhav (AJ Foundation), Visit their website Opens in new window. Contact: +91 88055 01600, +91 99210 59898 , 085520 13333.
Facebook presence is at www.facebook.com/MadhurBhav/ Opens in new window.
Aaji Care Geriatric Care Centre.
Aaji Care Geriatric Care Centre : In June 2022, Aaji Care, which already has a presence in Mumbai, opened an assisted living facility Aaji Care Geriatric Care Centre. Contact them to know more about this and any other services they have in Pune.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Aaji Care Geriatric Care Centre.
Dhir Mansion, 209/11, Rd Number 11, Princeton Town Society, Nilanjali Society, Kalyani Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411 006.
Visit their website Opens in new window. Contact: +91 99200 18184, Whatsapp: +91 7506 734116, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dignity Foundation – Dementia Day Care Centre.
Dignity Foundation has a day care centre in Pune. Please contact them for current status and more details.
Contact: Dignity Foundation– Dementia Day Care Center, 78/4, Savio Villa, near Jambhulkar Chowk, Divya Nagar, Wanowrie, Pune, Maharashtra 411 040, Phone : +91 91520 17120, Email: : email@example.com.
Dignity Foundation’s website page listing their day cares is here Opens in new window.
Additional Listings: Other possible resources for dementia information/ diagnosis/ care.
(based on news reports of dementia-related events).
Some of the organizations listed may be providing 24 x 7 Care Home and/ or Day Care.
Echoing Healthy Ageing: This Mumbai based organization may be arranging home visits for Cognitive Stimulation Therapy for people with dementia in Pune, and may have an online Dementia Caregiver Support Group. Contact them to check current offerings: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Ph: Amrita : +91 9167 61 3665 Contact person: Amrita, Facebook page Opens in new window, website: www.echoinghealthyageing.com Opens in new window.
Rainbow Day Care has a day care for elders that accepts persons with dementia. Check their Facebook page Opens in new window for current status and activity Contact 093733 14849 Email: email@example.com.
Sanctus Health Care : This works in preventive and rehabilitative healthcare. They may be offering some services relevant for families coping with dementia. Please contact them for current offerings. Phone: +91 83800 87027 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: Sanctus Health CareOpens in new window.
Ananddham, and Jyestha Nagrik Virangula Kendra. are other names mentioned by some caregivers for day care.
Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital has organized dementia-related events in the past, and is a possible dementia resource.
Additional Listings: Organizations providing services to support home care.
One resource listing for caregivers, which includes nursing bureaus, is available at this link Opens in new window.
HealthSpring(Mumbai-based, may also be available in Pune) provides various health packages for health care, including support at home for emergency responses (please reconfirm), for multiple cities in Maharashtra. Contact : +91-22-6130 3434, +91 86528 86529 (Mumbai). Website: healthspring.in Opens in new window.
Some multi-city organizations may be offering support in your city/ locality. Multi-city organizations keep adding and removing locations and services, but usually have more presence in their home state, metros and larger cities. A service that is good in one city may not be good in another. Quality changes over time, if management/ funding changes, or there is a takeover / merger. Please evaluate before use. Typical services to ask about are home nursing (attendants, nurses, wound care and nursing procedures), physiotherapy, doctor visits, speech therapy, stroke rehab, home dental care, sample collections, equipment hire, pharmacy at home, ICU at home, etc. Also, ask about dementia care. List below is alphabetically ordered. If they claim to provide emergency support, please find out the particulars to see if dependable.
- Apollo HomeCare : For range of home healthcare, investigations, equipment, etc. Contact 1860 500 8586: Website apollohomecare.com Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Care24 : For doctors at home, caregivers, physiotherapy, other services. Contact numbers different for different cities, Contact +91 22628 20555, 080-6904 8802 , 080979 11928, Email email@example.com, Website: care24.co.in Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- HealthCare atHOME (HCAH): ( by the Burman family and the founders of Healthcare At Home , UK). For caregivers, equipment, physiotherapy, other services. Contact 1800-102-4224 Site: .hcah.in Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- India Home Health Care (IHHC): (partner of BAYADA Home Health Care) . Range of home health care services, post-operative care, equipment, etc. Contact +91 76764 33333, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Site indiahomehealthcare.com Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Mayacare:NGO, for free assistance to senior citizens – aides, assistance for chores, shopping, digital work, other transactions and work, etc. Contact +91-95525 10400, +91-95525 10411, Email: email@example.com, Site: mayacare.org Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Portea: Offers a range of services like home nursing support, physiotherapy, doctor visits, investigations, equipment supply, etc. Contact 1800 121 2323 Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Site: portea.com Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
One lead in 2013 from a volunteer said good user feedback was obtained for this: “HEMA, an agency that operates out of Tingre Nagar run by a lady called Jothi and her son Vikram. Phone +919226845318”. This is very old data and no validation was done.
Additional Listings: Important organizations working for seniors.
Prominent organizations working for seniors are (alphabetic order):
Dignity Foundation: This Mumbai-based organization works for senior citizens through initiatives in some large cities. Contact the Pan India number 18002678780 or +91 99217 64641, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Facebook page: www.facebook.com/DignityFoundation, Website : www.dignityfoundation.com.
Helpage helpline: This all-India organization with local branches supports senior citizens in multiple ways. They may also offer geriatric physiotherapy. Contact them at 1800 180 1253 (All-India tollfree number). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: helpageindia.org.
Dementia-related material in various Indian languages (including Marathi).
See:Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Marathi.
The full list of dementia/ care resources in various Indian languages (currently Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu) is at Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Indian Languages.
General tips for locating relevant resources.
Please contact the resources above for dementia/ care support. For resources in other Indian cities/ regions, or across India, check City-wise/ Region-wise resources and Resources across multiple Indian cities. Some tips for locating additional resources:
- Surf the Internet for local services using the name of the city and types of services. For example, look for home care, home health, old age homes, nursing agencies, etc.
- For diagnosis, look at reliable larger hospitals of the city. Check their neurology, psychiatry, and geriatrics departments or special clinics like memory clinics, geriatric clinics, or geriatric psychiatry clinics.
- For better search results, try using the state name, locality name, other names of your city or nearby cities.
- When using online data to identify a possible service provider, check how recent the data is. For this, see events, pictures, social media posts. Try to understand whether the entity seems operational.
- Contact the various dementia organizations and elder care organizations listed above and ask them for names of more resources.
- Ask the reception/ nurses at local hospitals. They often know about home health care agencies.
- For minor procedures, like IV, neighborhood path labs and small clinics may be able to send nurses home. They may even have contacts of doctors who make home visits.
- Of course, in all cases, you must satisfy yourself about the quality and reliability.
For information and suggestions for handling care situations, some useful links are: Quick access to a Caregiving Essential Toolkit and Using Trained Attendants for Dementia Home Care. Please note that Dementia Care Notes does NOT provide any services or any medical consultation.
Note: This page includes all the information available with us for this city/ region. Please note that the data is provided for information and convenience, and is not an endorsement for any person/ organization/ service/ resource. We make no claims that the contents of this page are either accurate or complete, or that the persons/ organizations listed are reliable or that they are suitable for you. No fitment for purpose is intended or implied.