This page contains information specific for dementia care in Hyderabad, and other cities in Andhra Pradesh and Telengana, for the convenience of caregivers of patients of Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia.[read disclaimer.]
- Facilities for patients of Alzheimer’s/ other dementias.
- Dementia-related material in various Indian languages (including Telugu and Urdu).
- General tips for locating relevant resources in a city.
While this page includes several possible dementia care resources and some contact information on these, please note that:
1) You will need to evaluate them for suitability and reliability.
2) Entities keep changing their activities, so please contact them for updated information.
3) Though many entities have websites and social media profiles, they may not update them for changes in contact information. If the contact information does not work, try to locate which social media platform they posted recently on and post your query there.
4) Many organizations do not respond promptly to emails, or even queries on social media accounts. If you don’t get a response, call their phone numbers or try WhatsApp. Also, many organizations now use mobile numbers for their main contact even if their sites/ social media profiles show landlines.
5) Information on the web about the entity may be helpful, but different web sources will have different data for the same entity, and you will still need to find out what is correct now.
Facilities for patients of Alzheimer’s/ other dementias.
- National Helpline for Senior Citizens: Toll-free helpline number 14567 Project of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the National Institute of Social Defence.
- Helpage helpline: All-India toll-free number: 1800 180 1253 .Contact them for help and also to reach any local numbers.
- Tele counselling helpline for mental health, Tele-MANAS: Toll-free, 24/7 helpline number 14416 or 1-800-91-4416, also usable for dementia, by the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, available in many languages.
- Hyderabad-based Dementia helpline: +91-91211 06681 (this is part of the Memory Clinic of ARDSI Hyderabad-Deccan Chapter and functions Mon-Sat, 10:00 am to 4:30 pm).
ARDSI, Hyderabad-Deccan Chapter
(Hyderabad-Deccan Chapter of Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders Society of India).
Chapter Contact and their Day Care.
ARDSI Hyderabad Deccan Chapter Office and Dementia Activity Centre (in association with Asha Hospital). Please contact them for details: # 8-2-316/5/10, Ground floor, Karan Mumtaz Villa, (lane behind Asha Hospital), Road #14, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500 034,
Workdays: Monday to Saturday, 10.00 am to 4:30pm, Email: email@example.com, Site: www.ardsihyd.org Opens in new window.
Ph: 91 91211 06681 / +91 98495 48977
E-group at: groups.google.com/group/ardsi-hyd-public .
The centre is especially designed and equipped for persons with dementia. Cognitive stimulation therapy (CST) is provided through a range of enjoyable activities. Other senior citizens can volunteer to support the day care. The centre also has material that caregivers may find useful. Contact Centre-in-charge for this day care using the above contact details.
Memory clinic at Asha Hospitals 8-2-09/7/1, Road number 14, GS nagar, Nandi Nagar, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad- 34, Ph 040-6675 2222 ext 116 / Mobile: +91 87901 10888. Contact person: Ms. Samiksha Sivan. Contact to know about online possibilities also.
For monthly caregiver support group meetings, contact: Daycare Center in-charge by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Ph: +91 91211 06681 / +91 98495 48977.
ARDSI Hyderabad also has a Whatsapp group that is open to dementia carers from across India. Contact 99499 61414 / 98495 48977 for more information.
For persons with dementia (early and mid stages) who cannot commute to the day care, they offer Virtual Online Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (vCST) via Zoom platform; contact them for free sample sessions and more details on this.
The chapter may also have a list of providers; please contact them for this.
Golden Oak, Senior Citizen Home, Shamshabad.
Golden Oak, Senior Citizen Home is an assisted living facility for elders with dementia or other special needs. It provides personalized care, with options of dormitory, single-bed, and twin-sharing. It is a unit of ASHA hospital (Banjara Hills). Contact them for details, and for their admission process like any pre-admission assessment etc. See project details here Opens in new window.
24 x 7 Care Home
Golden Oak, Survey No: 7/A, Malkaram Village, Nanajipur-Post, Shamshabad Mandal, Rangareddy District, Telangana -501 218, Phone:+91 99129 54444, +91 63055 29964 Email: email@example.com.
Red-Cross – Nightingales Trust Dementia Day Care Centre, Hyderabad.
Red-Cross – Nightingales Trust Dementia Day Care Centre is a joint initiative of Indian Red Cross Society Telegana State and Nightingales Medical Trust, Bangalore (nighingaleseldercare.com). It focuses on cognitive stimulation, physiotherapy, reminiscence therapy, and various person-centric rehabilitation approaches in a dementia-friendly environment. Transportation may be available. Please contact them for updated and correct information, including any questions regarding their protocols. Read more at this page Opens in new window.
Red Cross-Nightingales Trust Dementia Care Centre, LV Prasad Marg, Park View Enclave, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500 034, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Contact: 080-4242 6565.
Heritage Elder Care Services and Kshetra Assisted Living .
Full-time stay and respite stay is available for persons with dementia at Kshetra, an assisted living from Heritage Elder Care Services. This facility accepts elders with and without dementia. See a video on their assisted living at: Kshetra- an Assisted Living Home for Senior Citizens in Hyderabad Opens in new window. The video includes interviews of residents and their relatives. They may also be providing home care services.
24 x 7 Care Home
Address: Plot No. 8, 9,14,15, Rd Number 12, Sai Aishwarya Layout Khajaguda, Telangana — 500 089, Email address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: +91 96666 41238
Website: www.heritagehealthcareindia.com/ Opens in new window.
Sparsh Hospice, Hyderabad.
A hospice that may be useful for palliative care is Sparsh Hospice, which, as per this report Opens in new window, also caters to persons with dementia. You can contact them at Sparsh Hospice, Sy No. 7/1/2, Next to Oakridge International School, Khajaguda, Hyderabad – PIN: 500 008, Phones: +91 79950 27879, Email: email@example.com, Site www.sparshhospice.org/ Opens in new window.
ARDSI Vizag Chapter (Visakhapatnam Chapter).
ARDSI Vizag Chapter: Please contact them for any plans/ services, etc. Contact: ARDSI VIZAG Chapter, Dr. N.S. Raju, C/o. Sneha Sandhya Age Care Foundation, 9-41-31/1, Pithapuram Colony, Visakhapatnam-3 , Andhra Pradesh. M: 99595 99288, 80083 12348 , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com .
Additional Listings: Other possible resources for dementia diagnosis/ treatment/ information.
These are based on data from volunteers as well as newspaper reports of dementia-related events.
Diagnosis/ treatment advice is available from the OPD department of hospitals (departments: neurology/ psychiatry/ geriatrics) Some hospitals also have Memory Clinics.
- NIMS Hospital: Dr Mridula Rukmini (Neurologist).
- KIMS Hospital: Dr Mohan Das (Sr Consultant Neurologist), Dr Subhash Kaul (Sr Consultant Neurologist, Stroke, Vascular Dementia) and Dr Praveen Kumar (Consultant Neurologist). The hospital also has a Memory Clinic.
- Yashoda Hospital Somajiguda branch: Dr Jaideep Ray Chaudhary, Sr Consultant Neurologist. The hospital also has a Memory Clinic.
- Asha Hospital, Banjara Hils: Dr Chandrasekhar, Dr G Prasad Rao at Asha Hospital. The hospital also has a very active Memory Clinic, more detailed above, in entry under ARDSI.
- City Neuro Hospital: Dr Ratna Kishore, Sr Consultant Neurologist.
A senior-citizen focused project called Aasara of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation has multiple initiatives and resources for seniors and also guidelines for day care centres etc. Lists of some available services like old age homes may also be available. Visit: Aasara website Opens in new window.
Please contact individual entities directly about their current status and protocols.
The following have hosted dementia-related events/ had experts who talked in events and may be useful resources for dementia: Chetana Hospital (Hyderabad), Visakha Psychiatric Society (Visakhapatnam), King George Hospital (KGH) (Visakhapatnam), VIMHANS hospital, Vijayawada.
Additional Listings: Organizations providing services to support home care.
Names received from readers/ volunteers/ newspaper reports/ other sources for organizations that provide home care services for seniors. Some of them may support dementia care. Please satisfy yourself about the suitability and reliability while using any such agency for home health helpers.
Life Circle Health Services provides professional caregivers and nurses for home care for chronically ill and bed ridden seniors. They have reportedly been able to provide attendants trained for dementia care. See their services listed on their website at Life Circle: ServicesOpens in new window . Contact them at 040 7132 6832.
Heritage Hospitals- At-Home Health Care Services Opens in new window provides a range of home health care services, including bedside attendants. Call them at +91 96666 41238.
Some other possible resource names obtained from various persons:
Anvayaa Kin Care has been mentioned as an organization that supports seniors through home care, concierge services, etc. It may be multi-city. In Sep 2022, Anvayaa launched a service to provide a personalized dementia care plan and support for cognitive stimulation for early stage persons (see more here Opens in new window) but it is unclear if this is available yet. Site: anvayaa.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Phone: ++91 72888,18181 / +91 939 26 82922 .
Harekrishna homecare has been mentioned by some as a place that supports home care by sending attendants. It is unclear how good their support is for dementia. Contact information as per their site is harekrishnahomecare.business.site Opens in new windowis Phone +96401 58899.
See a very useful list of Bedside Assistants Hiring Agencies in Hyderabad Opens in new window, from Dr. Vyasamoorthy, who is actively working in elder care. According to his data, some of these agencies have mentioned that they have trained their attendants for dementia.
Some multi-city organizations may be offering support in your city/ locality. Multi-city organizations keep adding and removing locations and services, but usually have more presence in their home state, metros and larger cities. A service that is good in one city may not be good in another. Quality changes over time, if management/ funding changes, or there is a takeover / merger. Please evaluate before use. Typical services to ask about are home nursing (attendants, nurses, wound care and nursing procedures), physiotherapy, doctor visits, speech therapy, stroke rehab, home dental care, sample collections, equipment hire, pharmacy at home, ICU at home, etc. Also, ask about dementia care. List below is alphabetically ordered. If they claim to provide emergency support, please find out the particulars to see if dependable.
- Apollo HomeCare: For range of home healthcare, investigations, equipment, etc. Contact 1860 500 8586: Website apollohomecare.com Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- HealthCare atHOME (HCAH): e( by the Burman family and the founders of Healthcare At Home , UK). For caregivers, equipment, physiotherapy, other services. Contact 1800-102-4224 Site: .hcah.in Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Lifecircle Senior Care. For home care services and medical equipment. Contact number different for different cities (see site). Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Site lifecircle.in Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Mayacare: NGO, for free assistance to senior citizens – aides, assistance for chores, shopping, digital work, other transactions and work, etc. Contact +91-95525 10400, +91-9552 510411, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Site: mayacare.org Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Nightingales Home Health Services . For home health services, physiotherapy, stroke care, equipment, speech therapy, lab tests, dental care, etc. Contact 1800 103 4530. Email email@example.com, Site nightingales.in Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Portea : Offers a range of services like home nursing support, physiotherapy, doctor visits, investigations, equipment supply, etc. Contact 1800 121 2323 Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Site: portea.com Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
Additional Listings: Important organizations working for seniors.
Helpage helpline: This all-India organization with local branches supports senior citizens in multiple ways. They may also offer geriatric physiotherapy.Contact them at 1800 180 1253 (All-India tollfree number). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: helpageindia.org.
Dementia-related material in various Indian languages (including Telugu and Urdu).
See: Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Telugu, and Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Urdu.
The full list of dementia/ care resources in various Indian languages (currently Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu) is at Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Indian Languages.
General tips for locating relevant resources.
Please contact the resources above for dementia/ care support. For resources in other Indian cities/ regions, or across India, check City-wise/ Region-wise resources and Resources across multiple Indian cities. Some tips for locating additional resources:
- Surf the Internet for local services using the name of the city and types of services. For example, look for home care, home health, old age homes, nursing agencies, etc.
- For diagnosis, look at reliable larger hospitals of the city. Check their neurology, psychiatry, and geriatrics departments or special clinics like memory clinics, geriatric clinics, or geriatric psychiatry clinics.
- For better search results, try using the state name, locality name, other names of your city or nearby cities.
- When using online data to identify a possible service provider, check how recent the data is. For this, see events, pictures, social media posts. Try to understand whether the entity seems operational.
- Contact the various dementia organizations and elder care organizations listed above and ask them for names of more resources.
- Ask the reception/ nurses at local hospitals. They often know about home health care agencies.
- For minor procedures, like IV, neighborhood path labs and small clinics may be able to send nurses home. They may even have contacts of doctors who make home visits.
- Of course, in all cases, you must satisfy yourself about the quality and reliability.
For information and suggestions for handling care situations, some useful links are: Quick access to a Caregiving Essential Toolkit and Using Trained Attendants for Dementia Home Care. Please note that Dementia Care Notes does NOT provide any services or any medical consultation.
Note: This page includes all the information available with us for this city/ region. Please note that the data is provided for information and convenience, and is not an endorsement for any person/ organization/ service/ resource. We make no claims that the contents of this page are either accurate or complete, or that the persons/ organizations listed are reliable or that they are suitable for you. No fitment for purpose is intended or implied.