- Facilities for patients of Alzheimer’s/ other dementias .
- Dementia-related material in various Indian languages (including Konkani) .
- General tips for locating relevant resources in a city .
Helplines for senior citizens: Helpage helpline: Senior citizen helpline at 1800 180 1253 (All-India tollfree number). Local Goa number: 0832-2412611 / 09822162642.
Dementia Society of Goa and ARDSI Goa Chapter
Goa Chapter of Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders Society of India: Offers diagnosis and counselling. Supports caregivers for home care. Contact person is Dr. Amit Dias, Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, Goa Medical College. He is involved in several studies and initiatives related to dementia care, and has numerous publications.
Dr. Amit Dias, M1 Housing Board Colony, Alto Porvorim, Bardez -Goa. PIN 403 521 Mobile: +91 9822382842 (Dr Amit Dias’s number), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COOJ Mental Health Foundation
COOJ Mental Health Foundation is an NGO working in the area of mental health and rehabilitation. They have initiatives for elders and for community awareness of mental health issues etc., and a Geriatric and Dementia program. They sensitize and train staff in old age homes for dementia and support residents there, and in 2017, started a Senior Therapy Center as well as a memory clinic in Bastora. Please contact them for their current work and how they may help you.
COOJ Mental Health Foundation, H. No. F-1, Boa Vista, Bastora, Mapuca, Bardez – Goa. Phone: +91 982 256 2522, 9820816965 /0832-2260080 Email: email@example.com, Facebook page Opens in new window  , Website cooj.co.in Opens in new window 
The Dennis Charles Jarvis Memorial Trust and Sangath
A “Dementia project” is run jointly by The Dennis Charles Jarvis Memorial Trust and Sangath. This aims at extending the non-pharmacological intervention developed by the Dementia Society of Goa to the people of Goa. Dr. Amit Dias is the project director (see above for his contact details). To know more about the trust and their current and proposed projects, contact:
The Dennis Charles Jarvis Memorial Trust, H.No. 264/73, Goan Paradise, near Gautam Hotel, Alto Pilerne, Bardez, Goa 403114 Counsellors: Anita Jarvis (9819196168) and Lourdes Alvares (9763917097) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sangath website page for their address Opens in new window . Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Sangath/
Other dementia resources/ memory clinics
Neurology Department, Goa Medical College, Goa Medical College and Hospital, Bambolim, Tiswadi, Goa-India
PO Box.: 403202, Phone: 0832 249 5000/5169
Additional Listings: Important organizations working for seniors
Helpage helpline: This all-India organization that supports senior citizens in multiple ways. They may also offer geriatric physiotherapy. Contact them at 1800 180 1253 (All-India tollfree number). Local Goa office: 0832-2412611 / 09822162642
E-mail:email@example.com More emails: firstname.lastname@example.org<, Website: The Helpage India website Opens in new window 
[Back to top] 
See: Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Konkani .
The full list of dementia/ care resources in various Indian languages (currently Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu) is at Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Indian Languages 
[Back to top] 
- A list of local services can usually be obtained by surfing the Internet using keywords and the name of the city, and looking for various types of services. Most cities will have some home care services, old age homes, nursing agencies, etc. The larger hospitals of the city will usually have memory clinics, geriatric clinics, or geriatric psychiatry clinics to help the initial diagnosis of dementia. Search for these combined with your city name and other such phrases.
- Use various combinations and alternate city names for more suitable results. For example, you may look for Goa, Margao, Vasco, Porvorim , or whatever else you consider useful. Search using locality names also.
- Updates/ fresh data on dementia support facilities/ services may also be available from the contact numbers of various dementia organizations and elder care organizations listed above
- The reception/ nurses at local hospitals often know about agencies that supply attendants/ nurses for home care.
- Many large path lab services also provide home pickup of blood samples.
- Many neighborhood path labs and small clinics are able to send nurses home for some minor procedures, like IV. Some even have contacts of doctors who may be willing to make home visits (you must satisfy yourself about the quality and reliability)
If you are looking for information and suggestions for handling care situations, some useful links are: Quick access to a Caregiving Essential Toolkit  and Using Trained Attendants for Dementia Home Care .
Please note that Dementia Care Notes does NOT provide any services or any medical consultation.
[Back to top] 
Note: This page includes all the information available with us for this city/ region. Please note that the data is provided for information and convenience, and is not an endorsement for any person/ organization/ service/ resource. We make no claims that the contents of this page are either accurate or complete, or that the persons/ organizations listed are reliable or that they are suitable for you (no fitment for purpose is intended or implied).