This page contains information specific for dementia care in Delhi/ NCR, for the convenience of caregivers of patients of Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. [read disclaimer.]
- Facilities for patients of Alzheimer’s/ other dementias.
- Dementia-related material in various Indian languages (including Hindi, Punjabi, and Urdu).
- General tips for locating relevant resources in a city.
While this page includes several possible dementia care resources and some contact information on these, please note that:
1) You will need to evaluate them for suitability and reliability.
2) Entities keep changing their activities, so please contact them for updated information.
3) Though many entities have websites and social media profiles, they may not update them for changes in contact information. If the contact information does not work, try to locate which social media platform they posted recently on and post your query there.
4) Many organizations do not respond promptly to emails, or even queries on social media accounts. If you don’t get a response, call their phone numbers or try WhatsApp. Also, many organizations now use mobile numbers for their main contact even if their sites/ social media profiles show landlines.
5) Information on the web about the entity may be helpful, but different web sources will have different data for the same entity, and you will still need to find out what is correct now.
Facilities for patients of Alzheimer’s/ other dementias.
- National Helpline for Senior Citizens: Toll-free helpline number 14567 Project of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the National Institute of Social Defence.
- Helpage helpline: All-India toll-free number: 1800 180 1253 .Contact them for help and also to reach any local numbers.
- Tele counselling helpline for mental health, Tele-MANAS: Toll-free, 24/7 helpline number 14416 or 1-800-91-4416, also usable for dementia, by the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, available in many languages.
- Dignity helpline: Senior citizen helpline at 18002678780 run by Dignity Foundation, working days, working hours only.
- Delhi based Dementia helpline by ARDSI Delhi Chapter: +91 93154 18060 (Mon to Sat, 9:30 to 5:30).
ARDSI Delhi Chapter (Delhi Chapter of Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders Society of India).
ARDSI Delhi Chapter offers counselling and guidance for family members, training for home care, and may have a memory clinic. They have (under franchise) day/ respite care at Faridabad). The chapter’s governing body includes eminent doctors and neurologists. The President is Dr. Manjari Tripathi.
ARDSI Delhi Chapter : Contact: E262, Greater Kailash Part I, New Delhi – 110048, Phones : 93154 18060, 72920 52288, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: ardsidelhi.org Opens in new window (old site alzheimersdelhi.org has been discontinued).
Chronic Care Dementia Facility: Under ARDSI franchise, Centre For Holistic Medicine, Faridabad provides dementia care for in-house patients in various stages of the disease. They also support families in their neighborhood through awareness on dementia and care, and have some day care facility. Their address:
(Is a 24 x 7 Care Home.)Chronic Care Dementia Facility, Plot – A28/C, Sector – 11,(Behind Shani Mandir), Faridabad, Phone: 0129-222 2252, Mobile: 98689 02040, Contact person: Lalit Kumar, Rehab Psychologist, Email : email@example.com, Facebook: facebook.com/dementiacarehome Opens in new window.
(please note that the National Office of ARDSI is at Delhi, at RZ-B/16, Raghu Nagar, New Delhi- 110045, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
(for diagnosis support and dementia-management advice, contact Department of Neurology (Neurosciences Centre) or Department of Geriatric Medicine.
One useful contact is Dr Manjari Tripathi, who is also President, ARDSI Delhi. She is Professor, Neurology. E-mail: email@example.com.
All India Institute of Medical Science address: Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029. Phones (Board) +91-11-2658 8500 / 2658 8700. Website is at www.aiims.edu Opens in new window. OPD process for neurology is here Opens in new window, and for geriatric medicine is here Opens in new window. For booking appointment online, use the ORS system Opens in new window.
Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences (IHBAS).
IHBAS is the first Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital in India with NABH Accrediation; offers clinics and also caregiver support.
Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences (IHBAS).
Jhilmil, Dilshad Garden, Delhi-110 095, (nearest Metro stations: Jhilmil and Mansarovar Park), Phone: 0091-11-221 14021,221 14029, 225 83056,225 83322, The IHBAS website is here Opens in new window.
The hospital offers a range of clinics Opens in new window, including a weekly “Neurobehaviour Clinic. Family caregivers are also supported through various interventions.
Vardaan Senior Citizen Center.
Vardaan Senior Citizen Center is a senior home for medically dependent patients and bed ridden patients including dementia patients. They also do terminally ill care and pain management. They have their own hospital situated in the same facility. This is a higher priced facility, but accepts dementia patients in all stages.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Contact: B-100, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi – 110 017, Ph: 4601 8201, 2668 9911, Whatsapp: +91-98101 54546, Website: www.vardaan.net Opens in new window and vardaanhealthcare.com Opens in new window, Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Guru Vishram Vridh Ashram.
Guru Vishram Vridh Ashram is managed by SHEOWS (sheows.org). It focuses on helping the downtrodden and helpless old persons through its old age homes. They accept destitute and disabled old persons found on roads, including those with dementia and mental illnesses, and provide suitable care, medical attention, free meals, and place to stay, and try to rehabilitate them. The destitute person can be taken to the ashram, or the ashram can be contacted to know what can be done.
(This is a 24 x 7 Care Home.)
Contact: Guru Vishram Vridh Ashram, Gautampuri Phase I, near NTPC Badarpur, Opp. Ali Gaon, Mathura Road, New Delhi – 110044, Website: https://www.sheows.org/ , Ph: 91 85888 88999, +91-99537 50017, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Head Office: B-11, Ground Floor, Greater Kailash Enclave-1, New Delhi, 011-4052 1236. The YouTube channel is here Opens in new window.
Epoch Elder Care.
Epoch Elder Care Opens in new window has two residential facilities in Gurgaon. These facilities offer assisted living, dementia care, palliative care and recovery and rehab, depending on the situation. They provide person-centric care and focus on quality of life. The admission process facilitates the decision making process and familiarizing the elderly with Epoch homes, with steps from counselling to viewing the home and finalizing transition and paperwork, for both local and outstation situations. These are higher-priced facilities. Some pictures and details are on https://www.epocheldercare.com/our-homes/delhi-ncr Opens in new window . Contact them to know more, schedule a viewing, and to evaluate for suitability and reliability, etc.
They may also have some dementia day care facility at these two centres, please contact them to check availability.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Vermeer House, H 34/16, DLF Phase 1, Gurgaon, Haryana, AND Frida House, 1087, Sector 40, Gurugram, Haryana 122 001.
Contact Epoch at H 34/16, DLF Phase 1, Gurgaon 122002, India, Email: email@example.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +91 93114 13673, Website: www.epocheldercare.com, Facebook page: Epoch Elder care FB page Opens in new window.
Hope Ek Asha.
Hope ek A.S.H.A. (www.hopeekasha.org ): This NGO has been working in dementia care since 2001. They regularly conduct mass awareness programs (also possible on request) and memory screening for dementia. They support home caregivers in multiple ways -these include home visits by volunteers for explanations around dementia and care, caregiver training programs, caregiver support meetings, and an online (Whatsapp) support group. They also have online programs. Head Office Address : D – 52, Greater Kailash Enclave – II, New Delhi – 110 048 (Near Greater Kailash Metro Station). Phones : 011-7961-4363, 88264 98804 Mobile : 98101-30635, : 98100-34342 WhatsApp : : 98100-30302, Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Website : hopeekasha.org Opens in new window. Facebook page here Opens in new window.
24 x 7 Care Home and Day Care. In mid 2019, they started a day care and a residential care facility for dementia persons. Address for day care and residential care A.S.H.A. (Affectionate Secured Home for Alzheimer’s): B-4/51, Safdarjung Enclave, (Near VLCC Wellness), New Delhi – 110 029, Phone : 011-4141-8666, , 011 – 3550-2216, 99104-94958 WhatsApp : 98100-30302.
Jagruti Dementia Care & Assisted Elder Care Centre.
Jagruti Dementia Care & Assisted Elder Care Centre ( www.jagrutirehab.org): Jagruti Rehabilitation Centre has opened residential care centres in Delhi NCR (in Noida in January 2021 and in Gurgaon where operations start in July 2022) for persons with dementia. Contact them for current status, details etc.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Jagruti Dementia Care & Assisted Elder Care Centre, B-17, Sector 30, Noida, UP, UP – 201301.
Jagruti Dementia Care & Assisted Elder Care Centre, Plot no 596, Sector 42, Gurgaon, Haryana 122009,
Contact: Phone +91 98222 07761, Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org website:jagrutirehab.org Opens in new window.
Antara Memory Care Home.
Antara Memory Care Home (antaraseniorcare.com): In Sep 2022, Antara started a memory care home in Delhi NCR (Gurgaon) in a facility designed for appropriate care for persons with dementia. A news report here Opens in new window . No feedback is available. Please contact them for current status, details, and to evaluate, etc.
24 x 7 Care Home.
Antara Memory Care Home, M – 200 South City 1, Gurugram.
Contact: Phone +91 98114 41111, Email email@example.com, website:antaraseniorcare.com Opens in new window, Project page here Opens in new window.
Samvedna Senior Care.
Samvedna Senior Care focuses on proactive ageing and senior well-being and also supports dementia care through multiple services and subscription plans. Offerings include an active ageing program for seniors, online and in-person, to support families coping with dementia, support for dementia care at home through programs for people in various stages of dementia. Offerings include social well-being and cognitive stimulation services, cognitive wellness program, awareness and counselling for families, etc. Dementia support group meetings are held at their Gurgaon centre and online. Two services especially useful for caregivers are the Caregiver Enablement Program that educates family caregivers on various aspects of care and availability of trained attendants for persons with dementia. Medical consultations may also be facilitated.
Contact them for details of current offerings and to see suitability and reliability. Samvedna Senior Care, G-7, Sushant Lok, Phase -3,Sector 57, Gurgaon-122 002 AND Samvedna Senior Care, C-13 Anand Niketan, New Delhi. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phones: 0124 422 9659, (+91) 74280 97301 .Site: Samvedna Senior Care Opens in new window, Facebook: Samvedna’s FB page Opens in new window.
Dignity Foundation – Dementia Day Care Centre.
Dignity Foundation has started a day care centre in Delhi in June 2022. Please contact them for current status and more details.
Dignity Foundation– Dementia Day Care Center, E 483, Lower Ground Floor,
Greater Kailash 2, New Delhi 110 048. Phone : +91 91520 17120/ 88020 86165. Email : email@example.com
Dignity Foundation’s website page listing their day cares is here Opens in new window.
Other diagnostic and treatment facilities/ Memory Clinics in Delhi/ NCR, nearby areas.
Some resources are already mentioned above, and some are listed below. Additionally, you can contact the OPD clinics of the psychiatry/ neurology/ geriatrics department of any reputed hospital for diagnosis and treatment. If possible, ask for dementia specialists. Some places also have special dementia clinics, memory clinics, geriatric psychiatry clinics, etc.
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital (formerly Willingdon Hospital) is an important resource. Location: Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Near Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110 001. Ask the ARDSI Delhi chapter for details, or contact Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital’s neurology/ psychiatry department. Website: rmlh.nic.in Opens in new window.
Smt. Sucheta Kriplani Hospital (Lady Hardinge Medical College), Panchkuian Road, New Delhi 110 003 can be contacted (Psychiatry department ) for diagnosis and support. They may have a memory clinic. Site: lhmc-hosp.gov.in Opens in new window.
NBRC: The NeuroImaging and NeuroSpectroscopy Lab of National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), at NH-8, Manesar, Gurgaon uses multidisciplinary approaches to understand the brain. It offers diagnostic and other advice on Alzheimer’s Disease/ dementia as part of their public outreach work Opens in new window. Also, here is the NBRC website Opens in new window. Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +91 – 124 – 2845 200, +91-83770 02213.
Additional Listings: Organizations providing services to support home care.
Some Delhi/ NCR service provider names for organizations that support home health care, received from readers/ volunteers/ newspaper reports/ others. Please satisfy yourself about the suitability and reliability while using any such agency for home health helpers (alphabetically arranged list).
Emoha Elder Care: Offers a range of services to support seniors, including home care options, online support, emergency coordination, etc. Contact them for details. India Toll-Free: 1800-203-5135, International Toll-Free: +1888-866-0486, Whatsapp +91 99535 13008, Email: email@example.com, Site: emoha.com Opens in new window.
Pacific Global Healthcare has home care services that include home visits by doctors. Site: pacificglobalhealthcare.com Opens in new window email : firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone : +91 99118 44045, +919911844046.
(Note: Some caregivers say they have used Samarth Community (www.samarth.community, 88006 99599) to reach appropriate care/ service providers. Data being shared but could not be confirmed).
Some multi-city organizations may be offering support in your city/ locality. Multi-city organizations keep adding and removing locations and services, but usually have more presence in their home state, metros and larger cities. A service that is good in one city may not be good in another. Quality changes over time, if management/ funding changes, or there is a takeover / merger. Please evaluate before use. Typical services to ask about are home nursing (attendants, nurses, wound care and nursing procedures), physiotherapy, doctor visits, speech therapy, stroke rehab, home dental care, sample collections, equipment hire, pharmacy at home, ICU at home, etc. Also, ask about dementia care. List below is alphabetically ordered. If they claim to provide emergency support, please find out the particulars to see if dependable.
- Apollo HomeCar: For range of home healthcare, investigations, equipment, etc. Contact 1860 500 8586: Website apollohomecare.com Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Care24 : . For doctors at home, caregivers, physiotherapy, other services. Contact numbers different for different cities, Contact +91 2262 820555, 080-6904 8802 , 080979 11928, Email email@example.com, Website: care24.co.in Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Eldercare : For home care assistance, care buddies for seniors, and other services, etc. Contact: +91-84482 98723, +91-73036 99880, +91-99995 61115, +91-84482 98720, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Site: eldercare.co.in Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- FamPhy. This is a network of home visiting doctors. Email: email@example.com Contact 98 6833 6833. Site: famphy.com Opens in new window , Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- HealthCare atHOME (HCAH): ( by the Burman family and the founders of Healthcare At Home , UK). For caregivers, equipment, physiotherapy, other services. Contact 1800-102-4224 Site: .hcah.in Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Lifecircle Senior Care : For home care services and medical equipment. Contact number different for different cities (see site). Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Site lifecircle.in Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Mayacare: NGO, for free assistance to senior citizens – aides, assistance for chores, shopping, digital work, other transactions and work, etc. Contact +91-95525 10400, +91-95525 10411, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Site: mayacare.org Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
- Portea : Offers a range of services like home nursing support, physiotherapy, doctor visits, investigations, equipment supply, etc. Contact 1800 121 2323 Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Site: portea.com Opens in new window, Facebook page here Opens in new window.
Additional Listings: Important organizations working for seniors.
Prominent organization working for seniors (alphabetic order):
Dignity Foundation: This Mumbai-based organization works for senior citizens through initiatives in some large cities. Contact the Pan India number 1800 267 8780 or +91 84483 17316, Email : DignityNCR@dignityfoundation.com or email@example.com. Facebook page: www.facebook.com/DignityFoundation , Website : dignityfoundation.com Opens in new window.
Helpage helpline: This all-India organization that supports senior citizens in multiple ways. Headquarters are at Delhi. They may also offer geriatric physiotherapy.Contact them at 1800 180 1253 (All-India tollfree number). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: The Helpage India website Opens in new window.
Dementia-related material in various Indian languages (including Hindi, Punjabi, and Urdu).
- Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Hindi.
- Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Punjabi.
- Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Urdu.
The full list of dementia/ care resources in various Indian languages (currently Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu) is at Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Indian Languages.
General tips for locating relevant resources.
Please contact the resources above for dementia/ care support. For resources in other Indian cities/ regions, or across India, check City-wise/ Region-wise resources and Resources across multiple Indian cities. Some tips for locating additional resources:
- Surf the Internet for local services using the name of the city and types of services. For example, look for home care, home health, old age homes, nursing agencies, etc.
- For diagnosis, look at reliable larger hospitals of the city. Check their neurology, psychiatry, and geriatrics departments or special clinics like memory clinics, geriatric clinics, or geriatric psychiatry clinics.
- For better search results, try using the state name, locality name, other names of your city or nearby cities.
- When using online data to identify a possible service provider, check how recent the data is. For this, see events, pictures, social media posts. Try to understand whether the entity seems operational.
- Contact the various dementia organizations and elder care organizations listed above and ask them for names of more resources.
- Ask the reception/ nurses at local hospitals. They often know about home health care agencies.
- For minor procedures, like IV, neighborhood path labs and small clinics may be able to send nurses home. They may even have contacts of doctors who make home visits.
- Of course, in all cases, you must satisfy yourself about the quality and reliability.
For information and suggestions for handling care situations, some useful links are: Quick access to a Caregiving Essential Toolkit and Using Trained Attendants for Dementia Home Care. Please note that Dementia Care Notes does NOT provide any services or any medical consultation.
Note: This page includes all the information available with us for this city/ region. Please note that the data is provided for information and convenience, and is not an endorsement for any person/ organization/ service/ resource. We make no claims that the contents of this page are either accurate or complete, or that the persons/ organizations listed are reliable or that they are suitable for you. No fitment for purpose is intended or implied.