This page contains information specific for dementia care in Gujarat, such as in Ahmedabad and Valsad, for the convenience of caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. [read disclaimer]
- Facilities for persons with Alzheimer’s/ other dementias.
- Dementia-related material in various Indian languages (including Gujarati).
- General tips for locating relevant resources in a city.
Quick Ref: To quickly locate the full-time cares in Gujarat, look for the symbol
24 x 7 Care Home.
Helplines for senior citizens
- Helpage helpline: All-India toll-free number: 1800 180 1253 . Local Ahmedabad office: 079-25601441
For dementia help, contact the various dementia organizations listed below.
|Facility||Address and other details|
|Papaya Care||Papaya Care, an assisted living facility for seniors started in July 2016, can accommodate 36 seniors. It accepts seniors with varying needs of care, including seniors who had strokes, surgeries, etc., and it also accepts persons with dementia. Contact them for more about their facilities and services and to evaluate them for suitability, etc.
24 x 7 Care Home
|Anand Care Home, Valsad||This new project is in Valsad district, Guajarat, under the management of Mr. Gopalakrishnan Aiyer, a reputed social worker who has a centre for mental health patients in Mumbai. It supports seniors using a continuum of care, and may start including persons with dementia. These services include:
The assisted living is less than 2 km from the Mumbai and Ahmedabad Highways in Taluka : Pardi Pulsana. Contact details are:
Please contact Mr. Gopalakrishnan at 9892134567 and 9699134567 or through email: email@example.com to know more about this project and whether they have started enrolling persons with dementia.
|Additional Listings: Other possible resources for dementia information/ diagnosis/ care (based on newsreports of dementia-related events)||NO data is available yet.|
|Additional Listings: Organizations providing services to support home care||Some multi-city organizations that may be offering support in Gujarat. Please note, service that is good in one city may not be good in another. Typical services to ask about: home nursing (attendants, nurses, wound care and nursing procedures), physiotherapy, doctor visits, home dental care, sample collections, equipment hire, pharmacy at home, etc. Some of them may claim to support dementia care. List below is alphabetically ordered
HealthCare atHOME (HCAH): (Noida-based)( by the Burman family (Dabur) and the founders of Healthcare At Home (HAH), UK) Contact 1800-102-4224 Website https://hcah.in/
India Home Health Care (IHHC): (Chennai based) (partner of BAYADA Home Health Care) Contact +91 76764 33333 (Whatsapp +91-7755912869). Website http://www.indiahomehealthcare.com
Portea : (Bangalore-based) Contact 1800 121 2323 Website portea.com
Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get trained attendants, and many families use general attendants and train them on dementia themselves or with the help of volunteers. Even attendants trained by agencies for dementia often need additional training. Read a detailed discussion on this topic at: Using Trained Attendants for Dementia Home Care. Also, please ensure that you evaluate any service/ facility before using it.
|Additional Listings: Important organizations working for seniors||
Prominent organizations working for seniors are (alphabetic order):
Dignity Foundation: This Mumbai-based organization works for senior citizens through initiatives in some large cities. The Ahmedabad office is at Dignity Foundation, 205, 2nd Floor, Gagandeep Tower, Opp. Bank of India, Paldi Cross Road, Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 380007, Mobile No. : 94266 39033, 079265 80403 (Working hours only) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DignityFoundation Website : http://www.dignityfoundation.com
Helpage helpline: This all-India organization with local branches supports senior citizens in multiple ways. They may also offer geriatric physiotherapy.Contact them at 1800 180 1253 (All-India tollfree number). Local Ahmedabad office: 079-25601441 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, More emails: email@example.com Website: helpageindia.org
Misc: one social startup that supports seniors is Ahmedabad-based The Family Member which aims to provide medical & non-medical healthcare services and to support lonely elders through sending caretakers for help and for fun-loving activities. Their Facebook page is at: https://www.facebook.com/thefamilymember/
Click here for our full list of dementia/ care resources in various Indian languages (currently Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu): Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Resources in Indian Languages
Please contact the resources listed above if you are looking for dementia/ care support. If you are looking for resources in other Indian cities/ regions, or across India, check City-wise/ Region-wise resources andResources across multiple Indian cities. Below are some tips for locating additional resources:
- A list of local services can usually be obtained by surfing the Internet using keywords and the name of the city, and looking for various types of services. Most cities will have some home care services, old age homes, nursing agencies, etc. The larger hospitals of the city will usually have memory clinics, geriatric clinics, or geriatric psychiatry clinics to help the initial diagnosis of dementia. Search for these combined with your city name and other such phrases.
- Use various combinations and alternate city names for more suitable results.For example, you may look for Gujarat, Gujrat, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Valsad, Gandhi Nagar , or whatever else you consider useful. Search using locality names also.
- Updates/ fresh data on dementia support facilities/ services may also be available from the National Dementia Helpline ( 0484-277-5088). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or other helplines handled by the ARDSI National Office (09846198471,09846198786, 09846198473)
- The reception/ nurses at local hospitals often know about agencies that supply attendants/ nurses for home care.
- Many large path lab services also provide home pickup of blood samples.
- Many neighborhood path labs and small clinics are able to send nurses home for some minor procedures, like IV. Some even have contacts of doctors who may be willing to make home visits (you must satisfy yourself about the quality and reliability)
Also note, contact numbers and addresses keep changing. If you have an problems old number/ name of hospital/ doctor, etc., get the latest details using local telephone inquiry/ assistance services.
Please note that Dementia Care Notes does NOT provide any services or any medical consultation.
Disclaimer:Data on this page is provided for information and convenience, and is not an endorsement for any person/ organization/ service/ resource. We make no claims that the contents of this page are either accurate or complete, or that the persons/ organizations listed are reliable or that they are suitable for you (no fitment for purpose is intended or implied).
Page/ post last updated on: May 1, 2019