Here are links to pages containing dementia care resource information for various cities/ states in India, for the convenience of caregivers of patients of Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementia diseases.[Read disclaimer]
- Aizawl (Mizoram).
- Bangalore (Karnataka).
- Chennai and Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu).
- Delhi (and Delhi NCR).
- Guwahati (Assam).
- Hyderabad and other cities in Andhra Pradesh/ Telengana.
- Kerala cities.
- Kolkata (West Bengal).
- Imphal (Manipur).
- Mumbai and Greater Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- Mysore (Karnataka).
- Pune (Maharashtra).
- OTHERS: Resources for dementia care: Upcoming/ Others in cities (currently Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Jaipur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur, Varanasi).
The page: OTHERS: Resources for dementia care: Upcoming/ Others includes data on resources announced/ inaugurated but not yet confirmed as actively providing actual services/ facilities. It also includes reports on dementia related events in some cities, which may help caregivers identify possible experts/ organizations, etc. Organizations that were active earlier are also included. The information is included so that caregivers can contact the organizations to get information/ updates. Current cities included on this page are Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Jaipur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur, and Varanasi.
If your city is not listed above, or if you want to see the overall resources available in India, please visit our page: Caregiver Resources in India where you can search for your city. Also, visit the page: Informational websites on dementia care.
General tips for locating relevant resources in a city:
- Check the availability of a local chapter on the Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders Society of India (ARDSI) website Opens in new window, or contact ARDSI using their contact information
- Contact the National Dementia Helpline ( 0484-277-5088 (Mon-Sat 10 AM-4 PM). E-mail: email@example.com) or other helplines handled by the ARDSI National Office (09846198471,09846198786, 09846198473)
- Most cities have elder helplines run by a local NGO with the help of the Police Department. These helplines often have lists of agencies that supply attendants and nurses, and also lists of old age homes and other such facilities.
- A list of local services can usually be obtained by surfing the Internet using keywords and the name of the city. For example, if looking for resources in Delhi, you can google for “home nursing Delhi”, “dementia care Delhi”, “old age homes Delhi.”
- Also try searching using variants of the city name. For Delhi, for example, look for “New Delhi”. “Dilli”, “South Delhi”, or “Gurgaon”, “Faridabad”, “Noida”, “NCR”.
- The larger hospitals of the city will usually have memory clinics to help with the initial diagnosis of dementia. Check for the neurology or the psychiatry departments.
- The reception/ nurses at local hospitals are often able to supply the names of agencies that supply attendants/ nurses for home care.
- Many large path lab services also provide home pickup of blood samples.
- Many neighborhood path labs and small clinics are able to send nurses home for some minor procedures, like IV. Some even have contacts of doctors who may be willing to make home visits (you must satisfy yourself about the quality and reliability)
You can also type your city name in the search box in the sidebar to find all pages that have the name of the city you are looking for.
If you would like to get a page added for your city, and have some information to give us, please contact us. Our contact information/ form is at: Contact Information/ Form
Disclaimer: The resources/ links provided on the city pages are intended for information and convenience, and are not in any way intended to be an endorsement for the resource. Also, facilities offered keep changing, so please contact the organisations to get up-to-date information.
Page/ post last updated on: October 23, 2017