If you are a caregiver looking for things you can do right away to help you care for someone with dementia, check out these essential tools in this quicklink menu.
- Helping with Activities of Daily Living.
- Handling Behavior Challenges.
- Special tips for challenging behaviors: wandering, incontinence, repetitions, sundowning.
- Late-stage dementia care.
- Using Trained Attendants for Dementia Home Care.
- Using various dementia/ home care services.
For a more comprehensive approach on dementia home care, also check out other options here, which describe what the role involves, how to plan for it, how to adapt the home, coordinate with the family, improve the person’s quality of life, and reduce stress. Click here for the full set of menu options: Caring for dementia patients.