This section contains information on essential skills that will help caregivers support persons with dementia.
- Communication .
- Helping with Activities of Daily Living .
- Handling Behavior Challenges .
- Special tips for challenging behaviors: wandering, incontinence, repetitions, sundowning .
- Late-stage dementia care .
- Using Trained Attendants for Dementia Home Care .
- Using various dementia/ home care services .
Also note that your doctor may be able to advise you on what you need to learn and do to care for someone with dementia. Support groups are also a great forum to know what you need to learn and to get practical tips.Next: Communication