This section contains information on essential skills that will help caregivers support persons with dementia.
- Helping with Activities of Daily Living.
- Handling Behavior Challenges.
- Special tips for challenging behaviors: wandering, incontinence, repetitions, sundowning.
- Late-stage dementia care.
- Using Trained Attendants for Dementia Home Care.
- Using various dementia/ home care services.
Also note that your doctor may be able to advise you on what you need to learn and do to care for someone with dementia. Support groups are also a great forum to know what you need to learn and to get practical tips.Next: Communication